Green Beans are one of my favorite vegetables. On any given day you can catch me munching on them like chips (you may even catch me munching on potato chips…my favorite salty snack, yum). Raw, roasted, steamed…I love em’. I also love this simple recipe because it is perfect for any night of the week. And, well, it’s pretty, right?
Ginger Sesame Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger (I suggest using a microplane)
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 cup scallions (the green part), chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the green beans for about 5 minutes or until bright green (crisp yet tender).
- Strain and shock the beans in ice water. Pat them dry
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Toss the dressing with the beans
Katie Cavuto MS RD
Photo: Yoni Nimrod